What's your go-to game?

I have - though at this point I have my own. Delving Deeper is a good start with the LBBs but some of the charm of the original ones is deciphering what’s really a nicely succinct rule set from the baffling “No one has written this sort of game down before” prose of the LBBs.

1 Like

For me, I’m also all for World of Dungeons, in terms of what I can pick up and just GO. Runners up are: Fate Accelerated, Fate Condensed, World of Blades (a hack of World of Dungeons + Blades in the Dark), The Black Hack, Barbarians of the Ruined Earth (post-apocalypse based on the Black Hack).

4 Likes

Yes I do! I’ll start a Troika! Appreciation Thread and you can also hit me up on discord at dozens#5497

5 Likes

For me it’s been 2400 and Revenant’s Hack for the last two years. I’m slowly getting into Into the Odd, though.

3 Likes

Troika! by way of my Troikeller hack or my current mind virus, Colin Klöcker’s Abenteuerspiel! (Abenteuerspiel! by Terribly Beautiful).

2 Likes

My default for years has been Burning Wheel. The first 75 pages are tons of fun, not to mention Duel of Wits.

I’m just returning to 4e DnD, and that’s a real feeling of homecoming. Can’t wait to start that again.

Trophy Dark and Gold are so hilariously bleak. Shooting around what can go wrong on every roll really let’s people sink into the tragedy and just revel. Pretty dang cathartic at times.

Bleak Spirit is great. I need to play more. A lot more.

4 Likes

If you like Trophy you should check out Cthulhu Dark - which is what it is based on. Similarly if you like Bleak Spirit you should check out Lovecraftesque which it is based on.

1 Like

I keep seeing a theme of Lovecraft.

Glances at his game Shadow

I’m getting to you! Promise!