I am writing my first adventure, and would like some feedback on it. The full adventure at version 0.1 is available here: https://samueltwallace.github.io/rpgs/house-dungeon/
This is a system-agnostic haunted house adventure. From the intro…
This adventure takes place in a deserted house on a hill. There are several things going on in this house:
- A cult has taken up residence in the excavated basement, trying to summon a demon
- A humanoid monstrosity has been living in the mausoleum in the family plot
- The ghosts of the former residents of the house reenact scenes from their life
- Sentient books talk endlessly in their prison of a library
- A collection of statues in the attic move just when out of sight
I will take feedback on any aspect of this: in-fiction elements, adventure hooks, formatting & layout, my bare-bones maps, or anything else you want.
There’s a lot that could be fleshed out in this (e.g. the town), but I’m looking for feedback on what I have written, not as much on what I could write.
I will also happily take appendix N recommendations, other reading, etc.
Thanks in advance!