[Poll] What Should We Convert Next?

Hello! As many of you know, some of the Cairn aficionados on the NSR server have been converting popular OSR dungeons/adventures to Cairn & Into The Odd. We have quite a few in the pipeline, so I’d like to prioritize a bit.

What I’d like to know is: What Should We Convert Next?

0 voters

Select just one and we’ll compare the results!
Thanks!

2 Likes

I may be being dumb/still half asleep but I can’t f figure out how to vote on this (if I click on an adventure name, it just takes me to the site for that adventure.

Anyway, my vote is for Deep Carbon Observatory - I’ve been wanting to run that for some time, and specifically wanting to run it in Into The Odd. (Incidentally I play in a weekly D&D game with DCO’s author Patrick Stuart. Which is a lot of fun!)

1 Like

Also, “pipeline” link appears to be broken.

1 Like

Ah yes, I didn’t add a redirect. Pipeline is fixed.

2 Likes

I can’t figure out how to vote either - I think the poll is just closed, maybe we took too long to vote!

1 Like

Yeah, the poll closed. You can still comment here though.

2 Likes

Ah cool. I would have also stuck a vote on Yoon Suin, but no biggie.

1 Like

For whatever its worth, I ran DCO in Electric Bastionland. Did all the the conversions on the fly, it was very straightforward.

2 Likes

The poll has been re-opened!
Have fun.

1 Like

That wasn’t for a podcast was it? I listened to an AP podcast of DCO run in Bastionland - it was one of the things that made me want to try doing the same myself.

I mentioned to Patrick that people had run DCO in EB and he seemed pleased by the idea, inasmuch as one can ever tell that Patrick is pleased about anything.

2 Likes

Videos/audio are available through The Gauntlet, but it wasn’t for a podcast per se. If that was my run, it’s weird to me that people listen to it watch it, I can’t imagine we’re too entertaining. Edited to add: But if you did, I hope it was helpful, which is the goal!

2 Likes

Yeah, it was through the Gauntlet. I listened to it via Pocketcasts so… it’s a podcast! :grin:

I don’t know that entertaining is the word (APs are hard going just because things move very slowly when you’re just listening in) but it was certainly informative! I listened because I’d bought and loved DCO, but didn’t really have any clear idea of how I’d run it - so I basically searched for all podcasts that mentioned it, and listened to all of them.

Listening to you run it made me feel a lot more confident about doing so myself. I didn’t listen to the whole thing (don’t remember how far in I got), but it was the Carrowmore matrix up-front that had particularly spooked me, and that I understood much, much better after listening to your play.

So thanks! :pray:

1 Like

I’m so glad it was helpful! That’s why I make my otherwise cringey game play publicly available.

I also had a really hard time visualizing Carrowmere, and the podcasts I listened to weren’t helpful, so I’m super happy we helped you. I talked to a ton of people about it before I ran and was very uncertain until it got going.

I think you nailed it! Before I listened, despite reading the instructions I was like “what the hell is this confusing table with all of these lines across it”. Afterwards, “I totally get this, I know I’m capable of running this and, OMG, it will be so much fun!”

1 Like