Introduce Yourself!

Hello, I’m Weird Writer (he/him). I recently started a blog about roleplaying called Roll to Doubt. I’m heavily invested in NSR and FKR, as well as the indie sphere. I mostly work with fairy tale and horror gaming as influences. Happy to be here.

9 Likes

Oh hey! I enjoyed reading your pocket mods. I don’t have a game in the right genre for them at the moment but I would love to put them to use!

2 Likes

Thank you! If anybody actually uses those pocket mods in a game I would LOVE to hear about it.

1 Like

Hey folks!

I’m Nathan, and am currently working on three games:

Crescendo: kinda a weird mix Burning Wheel and the OSR. Tons of psychological and spiritual gameplay, combined with the ruthlessness of the OST. Alpha testing begins January! I’m excited!

Shadow: a Lovecraftian game which focuses on the players telling lies to themselves and then finding out how wrong they are, in cosmic terms. Still doing my research on this one.

The Shadows Still Remain: I love the tactical gameplay of 4e gameplay. I also want some story mechanics. That and a bit more polish on 4e. Researching and doing a 4e game to get the feel back soon!

I’m interested in seeing as many different points of view on design.

12 Likes

Howdy Folks! I am the desolate drifter Gulluth, from the desert wastes of Urth called Vaarn.

I started DMing 5e at the start of the pandemic, and quickly realized I didn’t care for the Forgotten Realms setting. I tried for a bit to figure out how to get Dark Sun working with 5e, but got overwhelmed and lost the taste for 5e completely after finding the OSR.

Listening to Iko’s excellent podcast, The Lost Bay, I heard the interview with @GraculusDroog and found what I was looking for in his amazing dying earth setting Vaults of Vaarn.

I started work converting the VoV zines to an SRD which can be found at https://vaarn.github.io The SRD work was inspired by Yochai’s excellent Cairn SRD.

If you are interested in Vaarn like I am, watch my itch page or my twitter @gulluthgulch for upcoming releases of things like Vaarn tilesets for hexkit, hex maps of Vaarn, hexcrawl procedures for navigating the wastes of Vaarn, updates to my location generator for Vaarn Urth Simulacrum, watercolor and/or guache paintings of Vaarn, and a “top secret” hexcrawl I am working on.

10 Likes

Welcome to the site, really good to have you here. Very excited to see where Urth Simulacrum goes. I have now made a Vaarn thread for discussion of the setting and related projects.

6 Likes

Thanks for the welcome Leo, and for giving me something to focus on during these wild times we live in. I am super excited for the future of Urth Simulacrum, and bending perchance to do things that it probably shouldn’t be doing.

5 Likes

Hey folks, I’m Jesse A. I’ve been lurking here more or less since it opened, figured it was time to introduce myself. I live in the DC suburbs, and run and play all kinds of games, mostly indie/NSR/OSR/storygame type stuff.

8 Likes

Hey peeps!
My name is Ricardo, I am a brazilian graphic and product designer who is also a RPG afficionado and of course an eternal game master. My interests are definitely on the OSR/NSR adjacent games, even though I am a massive wargamer as well — so I tend to like the combat with a little bit of crunch.

Nowadays I live in London, UK and I am making some of the stuff that I run with my group, public. I would love to use this group to meet more people and work in projects together — I do design for a living, so I can contribute a lot there.

Here are some of my stuff: https://rcrde.itch.io/

9 Likes

Hi there! I’m Yod. I’m a grad student in California. I’ve been playing RPG’s since the early 90s, starting with a mix of 2e stuff I didn’t understand, then moving into various World of Darkness games, before getting back into D&D with 3rd edition. I played with a crunch-heavy 3.x/PF table for about 10 years before life got in the way. More recently I’ve gotten back into TTRPG’s with online play during the pandemic, starting with 5e. I started reading various OSR blog posts and hanging out in discords like the Alexandrian and the Necropolis and now here I am.

I haven’t gotten around to publishing anything yet but I’ve started the early stages of a blog at https://www.lordyod.com, where I’ll be putting my thoughts on the 5e and OSE games I’m running.

6 Likes

Hello everyone, I’m Titus, a motion graphic designer who has been too busy for the last few years to play or keep up with RPGs so I’m looking forward to finding out about all the cool and crazy ways people are being creative nowadays!

8 Likes

This raises the question, what is the most Gormenghast RPG?

5 Likes

This raises the question, what is the most Gormenghast RPG?

Ooh, hmmm. Gut instinct? BLUEBEARD’S BRIDE

1 Like

Hey @TheBeardedBelgian, I am also from Belgium, although my beard is not as lush as yours! (My mother’s from Liège, and my dad’s British, but I’ve lived in the US for 15-ish years now)

3 Likes

OMG OMG OMG Gormenghast is my favorite book… I’ve sadly bought it for several folks who’ve never been able to get into it, so I’ve stopped telling people about it… :cry:

1 Like

Nice. I’m from the Flemish side. Mechelen to be exact.

3 Likes

Hello!

I’m ktrey (author of the d4caltrops blog) and I really like random tables :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Your random tables are GOLD… :heart_eyes: I’m addicted to random tables and generators, just re-rolling and creating images in my head, for no reason…

Are you planning a printed book or PDF to collect them all?

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words! I do hope to get the Encounter Activity tables in print (and a compilation PDF) at some point after I stop futzing with the layout :slight_smile: . I’d like to do one for my Hexes too once I get those up to one hundred by Terrain Type.

Hey I’m deldon! I’ve been on the discord for a while now but I never got around to making a Discourse account. I’m currently working on my ZQ3 project The Door Locks Behind You, a Zelda-like Adventure Game with roots in ItO, Mausritter, Cairn, Knave, and just about any other game on the NSR discord.

10 Likes