Introduce Yourself!

Great to “see” you here!!

3 Likes

Hi Ray! Glad to see you here at the Cauldron!

2 Likes

Hello! I am Alexi. I make games under the handle Cloven Pine Games. I got a link here from the Trophy Discord. I am mostly into indie games, with lots of PbtA experience. Right now I’m playing and really enjoying Tales from the Low Cantrefs. My best-known games are probably The Great Soul Train Robbery and Secret Science Sewer Siblings.

12 Likes

Howdy there! I’m Jeb! I post around on discord as Jeb Carter or Aegoceros. I’ve been mostly running games for about sixteen or seventeen years, principally horror and fantasy. I compulsively hack a gmless angle into nearly everything I design, with said design becoming increasingly more narrative/“play worlds, not rules” as time has gone. I took a step off the World of Dungeons platform a few years back into an accidentally FKR place and I just can’t go back.

Currently working on brewing up a formalization of my home game so I can get back to playing and finally put down the tinkerage. Format so far is 4 to 8 pages of a little pocket notebook.

No blog for now, but working on it.

Glad to meet y’all!

10 Likes

Hello all, my name is Guy. I started out with D&D 3.5, started GMing with 4th edition before disappearing down the Burning Wheel rabbit hole. I’m a big believer in rules making behaviour.

This year I had inspiration to make my own game after running some games online. This resulted in a game called Mannerism which I’ve just released. An approach based RPG where your description is the thing that resolves the action, you play potential mages starting from no magic to doing all kinds of overpowered things.

10 Likes

Hi, I’m Amze or Chimpamze. I found my way to the indie rpg community a few years ago while researching interactive and game-based artwork. I blame the satanic panic for my late arrival. I’m an artist and teacher with a deep interest in printmaking, poetry, the way publications circulate, and activities that foster community.

13 Likes

Hi, I’m L. About 21 months ago, I suggested to some friends that, since we were all stuck at home for the foreseeable future, we might try playing some ttrpgs over Zoom. It’s all been downhill since then.

Lately, I’ve been contributing to game jams as Symbolic City. That’s about it.

13 Likes

Hello there, I’m Alex, although I go by Deer on Discord (or by a deer-based pun, for my own amusement) and that’s what I’m generally called online anyways. I’ve been interested in RPGs for quite a while, and I’m finally getting some experience with playing and designing them. I put all my hot takes on gaming on the internet because some of them could be useful or something. I’m also pretty into playing RPGs solo!

11 Likes

Howdy… Brine here. The discord folks will know me… I prefer discord to discourse so you’ll likely not see me here much. Hit me up there!

9 Likes

Hello, I’m Gio, often found hanging around the discord server. Got into rpg a couple years ago, haven’t tried many games outside OSR: dnd 5e, fiasco, microscope. My favorite game is Electric Bastionland. I’m currently through the process of creating a mini-setting where the main focus is wilderness exploration. I write a couple posts per month on this blog, some in English, some in Italian scrtgm.blogspot.com

11 Likes

Hello. My name is Jacob. I’ve probably been sighted on a lot of NSR/OSR adjacent discords under the name Aen-Sedhe. I’ve been interested in rpgs since I was a kid, but only really got deep into playing them in late 2020. I love talking about rpg theory and design. My current obsession is with Into The Odd and it’s children.

10 Likes

Hello, I‘m Florian. I mainly play in German. My favourite RPG for older and OSR scenarios so far is Trophy Gold, but I have begun experimenting with NSR systems such as Maze Rats. I hope to find out more about them, both in practice (simply playing) and in theory. As an example, I really enjoyed the recent discussion of Troika here.

9 Likes

Hi, I’ve just started sharing some gaming stuff as Numbered Works on Itch.io. I think RPGs might be my #1 favourite art form right now. I find the indie/OSR/NSR sphere hugely inspiring and exciting.

8 Likes

Hello, I’m Weird Writer (he/him). I recently started a blog about roleplaying called Roll to Doubt. I’m heavily invested in NSR and FKR, as well as the indie sphere. I mostly work with fairy tale and horror gaming as influences. Happy to be here.

9 Likes

Oh hey! I enjoyed reading your pocket mods. I don’t have a game in the right genre for them at the moment but I would love to put them to use!

2 Likes

Thank you! If anybody actually uses those pocket mods in a game I would LOVE to hear about it.

1 Like

Hey folks!

I’m Nathan, and am currently working on three games:

Crescendo: kinda a weird mix Burning Wheel and the OSR. Tons of psychological and spiritual gameplay, combined with the ruthlessness of the OST. Alpha testing begins January! I’m excited!

Shadow: a Lovecraftian game which focuses on the players telling lies to themselves and then finding out how wrong they are, in cosmic terms. Still doing my research on this one.

The Shadows Still Remain: I love the tactical gameplay of 4e gameplay. I also want some story mechanics. That and a bit more polish on 4e. Researching and doing a 4e game to get the feel back soon!

I’m interested in seeing as many different points of view on design.

12 Likes

Howdy Folks! I am the desolate drifter Gulluth, from the desert wastes of Urth called Vaarn.

I started DMing 5e at the start of the pandemic, and quickly realized I didn’t care for the Forgotten Realms setting. I tried for a bit to figure out how to get Dark Sun working with 5e, but got overwhelmed and lost the taste for 5e completely after finding the OSR.

Listening to Iko’s excellent podcast, The Lost Bay, I heard the interview with @GraculusDroog and found what I was looking for in his amazing dying earth setting Vaults of Vaarn.

I started work converting the VoV zines to an SRD which can be found at https://vaarn.github.io The SRD work was inspired by Yochai’s excellent Cairn SRD.

If you are interested in Vaarn like I am, watch my itch page or my twitter @gulluthgulch for upcoming releases of things like Vaarn tilesets for hexkit, hex maps of Vaarn, hexcrawl procedures for navigating the wastes of Vaarn, updates to my location generator for Vaarn Urth Simulacrum, watercolor and/or guache paintings of Vaarn, and a “top secret” hexcrawl I am working on.

10 Likes

Welcome to the site, really good to have you here. Very excited to see where Urth Simulacrum goes. I have now made a Vaarn thread for discussion of the setting and related projects.

6 Likes

Thanks for the welcome Leo, and for giving me something to focus on during these wild times we live in. I am super excited for the future of Urth Simulacrum, and bending perchance to do things that it probably shouldn’t be doing.

5 Likes