Thálassa - a Mythic Greek Age Cairn Hack

This is a super sweet project and your methodology is on point. Thanks for designing in the open.

3 Likes

After a long forced hiatus due to the last weeks of my wife’s pregnancy and the birth of our little daughter, I started working on the game again.
To motivate myself, I signed up for Zine Month 2022.

That leaves me a little over a month to complete the missing parts and layout the whole thing :sweat_smile:

I am currently drafting the bestiary and working on the world maps.
Here is the first one, representing the Cosmos

cosmos_map

6 Likes

Maybe have a procedure for calling on the gods. You could use it almost like “push yourself” and “resist consequence” in FitD games. There’d have to be some sort of steep cost associated — think about the sort of gut-wrenching trade-offs the protagonists make in Athenian tragedy — but calling on the gods to intervene would allow a character to make one superheroic move or avoid the consequence of a catastrophic roll.

1 Like

Oh, whoops, I didn’t see how much this had developed since the first post. Adding something else might complicate things unnecessarily at this stage.

1 Like

Today I released:

5 Likes

I’m really excited to announce the release of Thálassa on the project’s page!

5 Likes

I am both late to the party on this project - and brand-spanking-new to the forum - but goodness sakes I love so much about this concept.

Maybe I’m just a sucker for history, but I’m definitely following along on this.

6 Likes

Thank you @WillPhillips and @SymbolicCity!
This thread was pivotal to the development of the game and my thanks goes especially to @VanWinkle for having correct all the sloppy greek word I chose!

3 Likes