We’re making a scene-based adventure for Cairn!
Here’s the premise:
The player characters are wandering the woods along a path. It’s just as dense with trees behind as it is ahead and to the left and right. Escape the forest!
Here are some “blanks” in the adventures to be filled:
*** How did the player characters get here?**
*** What happens if they leave the path?**
*** What lies ahead?**
That last question is where y’all come in. Here’s what this project needs from you, the community:
- One or more highly interactive scenes with clear challenges and opportunities. This includes features like monsters, allies, traps, treasures, landmarks, puzzles, and more. Whatever makes an adventure adventurous!
- A one to three sentence “boxed-text” that sets that scene and highlights the interactable features within.
- Detailed descriptions (and stats when necessary) for each feature.
- Small tables are cool too!
- Each scene should be able to fit on a half-sheet of 8.5" x 11" letter paper (reason for that below)
The genre of the adventure is a forest folktale infested with fairies, ghosts, and spooky monsters. It’s near Halloween after all! Here are some touchstones:
- Cairn Spark Tables
- More Cairn tools
- Over the Garden Wall Spark Tables
- Dolmenwood, Into the Wyrd and Wild, Manifest Destiny comic
The finished product is a PDF compilation of all the scenes put together, which could then be printed at home, the same size as the Cairn booklet!
Ideally the scenes would be in by Friday the 15th of October, so the layout and such could be done in time for spook season.
Let’s do it!