Introduce Yourself!

Hey, everyone! I’m wendi, a she/they travesti writer from Brazil. i write and design some game stuff that you can find at my itch store. you can also find my second game, MMnMM in print form at Exalted Funeral.

i’m very happy to be here and see so many friends. <3

15 Likes

Hi all, I am Yoshi (he/him). I like talking about RPGs and games in general. I am a home cook. I’ve been a SharePoint dev for too long. But in the rpg game sphere I was recently a judge for the 2020 Indie Groundbreakers. I have dabbled in game design, but am more often playing then designing.

15 Likes

G’day I’m Sidney, I’m an RPG descriptivist and content creator.

Glad to be here with some familiar names! Looking forward to seeing some good text around here

9 Likes

Hello, I’m ifrit (he/him | Anemoia Games). I’m a designer, editor, and sensitivity reader. Have several releases in the pipeline, print gods willing.

8 Likes

Bordercholly! Question: what’s the tabletop community like up there? I might be moving to Buffalo for my partner’s PhD program

5 Likes

Awesome! I’m about 3 hours from Buffalo so I don’t know too much about what goes on over there, but it’s a cool town and I’m sure there’s got to be a good scene there!

https://www.ironbuffalogaming.com/about

This shop looks awesome if you end up moving there

4 Likes

I want you both to know that I live six hours from Buffalo.

4 Likes

Do I detect a future CauldronCon in the NE USA?

6 Likes

First off, it would be called Witchmoot or something. Also be careful what you wish for, some of us know where you live :slight_smile:.

6 Likes

If you call it Witchmoot, then it will be taken for a Wiccan event. Maybe CairnCon!

6 Likes

Trish/TheOriginalCockatrice here - game dev from Chicago doing mostly Jewish-tinged OSR stuff. I post all my games on Itch, but I’m hoping to eventually get Troupe (my baby) done completely and out through KS.

As for me, I was doomed to gaming from birth via my dad, who showed me ODnD at an impressionable age. I’m hoping to dig into some discussion here and meet some cool people, as I’m not partial to Twitter and Discord can be limiting sometimes.

Best,
Cockatrice

13 Likes

Hey, screwonhead/Jones Smith here. I write games and game tools for my friends, and occasionally post the results over on twitter or on this blog. Got a couple games on itch.io as well. Have been honored to have significantly more talented designers than I cite my work, and that’s more than enough for me. Mostly here bask in the glow of ya’lls genius-radiation (gain a miraculous insight (burning, splendid), roll vs. madness (cryptic, despairing)).

12 Likes

hello!

i’m eiríkr. i like playing, talking about, and thinking about role-playing games. i’ve participated in a few small prompts/jams (both as an illustrator and a writer) but haven’t managed to get my own work off the ground yet.

outside of rpgs i’ve been a longtime member of the roguelike videogame angband’s dev team, have done a lot of open source hacking, have been involved in some small video games/art projects, and play a wide variety of music. you can find some of the things i’ve worked on at my homepage although many things are missing or out of date.

10 Likes

Hello All!

I’m Slade, but I’m also “the_scablander” most places. My TTRPGs can be found here, as Scablands Press. I didn’t realize it until looking, but I’m trying to write just-so lo-fi sci-fi settings, gently bleedy vampire rulesets, and little one-off game jam widgets.

I’m keen to see what people are up to, in terms of play and design. I enjoy getting recommendations every February when zinequest comes around. I also like to learn new Affinity Publisher tricks.

-Slade

13 Likes

Hi I’m Andy! I’m a teacher, writer, and one half of Phantom Mill.

12 Likes

Hey, neighbor! And welcome.

3 Likes

Hey all.

I’m Gus L. I’ve been kicking around the DIY Classic Indie Old School Fantasy RPG (or whatever it is/was called) scene since about 2012.

I used to write Dungeon of Signs blog, and now have an occassional theory blog call All Dead Generations about running Classic dungeon crawls.

My latest published projects are Tomb Robbers of the Crystal Frontier as Ratking Productions on DTRPG and Beneath the Moss Courts for Through Ultan’s Door.

18 Likes

Hi! Wizard Lizard here!

Free Kriegsspiel enthusiast, tRPG writer/designer - been a Dungeon Master for about twelve years now. I have a blog where you can read session reports and the occasional theory rant. I put stuff out on itch.io semi-regularly too.

16 Likes

I’m Ben and I live in the UK. I cut my teeth on Runequest, Elfquest and TSR Conan back in the 1990s.

Then I had a break of a decade and got back into roleplaying, discovering the burgeoning ‘indie’ scene.

After initially dismissing Apocalypse World and Dungeon World as too bonkers for me, I revisited them and ended up falling completely in love. I’m also looking forward to Stonetop at the moment.

More recently I have been tending towards trying out rulesets that I can directly play OSR adventures with.

In my everyday working life, I’ve been in the (video) game industry for the last couple of decades, as programmer and now designer.

13 Likes

I’m Ray. Late to the party! I’m an avid reader and gamer. I look forward to getting embroiled in this site. Playing a lot of rules light stuff now (Troika, Into the Odd, OSE) along with Delta Green.

Books I’ve read/am reading: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/69753346-ray
Occasional blog posts: https://viridianscroll.blogspot.com
Free games and zines I’ve made: https://rayotus.itch.io
My erstwhile podcast: Plundergrounds • A podcast on Anchor

18 Likes